Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving In Pictures

Thanksgiving this year was BEYOND wonderful :)
I have so much to be thankful for, and I got to spend with some of the best people on earth: my family.
God is so good and has blessed me beyond words.
So here's the story...(in pictures of course. I apologize for the blurriness of them. They were taken with my iPod :P)

We headed out to my granparents Wednesday night, and this picture does NOT do the beautiful sunset justice!

To celebrate my grandparents' Swedish heritage...

...we stopped at a Swedish grocery store in Oakland, NE (the Swedish capital of NE)...

...to get Knackebrod. (it's like a HUGE cracker).

When we arrived, my grandma had pie waiting for us!

My daddy - happy with his pie and coffee!

And since some of us think that pie is the worst dessert ever invented, there were also cookies. My grandma makes the best cookies over. Hands down. No questions asked.

My baby cakes kept a close eye on ALLLL the food!

We hung out with my grandparents and talked and ate and watched basketball. (Ryan and Tyler and I stayed up with my grandpa and watched Duke win the Maui Invitational :D)

Enjoying yummy food and awesome people.

Meddie and I got bored and started taking pictures <3



Thanksgiving morning dawned bright and warm. So most of us decided to go on a walk :)



I came home to find the football game on....

....and the table set!!!!!


LET THEM EAT CAKE, er, THANKSGIVING DINNER!

As we got ready to leave that night....

....poor Cody got so nervous that he'd get left behind. (it was rather cute to watch)


So that was my Thanksgiving :)
I'm so thankful for many things that I don't even know where to start!
But what I'm most grateful for this year is the wonderful gift of salvation purchased by our Savior.
And that He chose ME to be His child...not by anything that I had done. He loved me and has a plan for me :)
God is good and I just can't praise Him enough!!!

(I worked Black Friday, 1-10 PM....it sounded horrible, but God's grace did MORE than enough. I couldn't have asked for more :) )
Have a blessed Sunday!

Love,
Katie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment