Monday, September 12, 2011

More Than Just Fun and Games

This past weekend, my family and I attended our church's annual retreat.
It's a weekend of pure relaxation.
You get away from the worries and realities of life back home.
It's located in the middle of Iowa at a church "campground" you could call it.

There's plenty to do: swimming, mini golf, biking, rock climbing, paintball (y'all would be shocked to know that I didn't participate in that), zip line, and that's just to name a few! :D
But above all, we're there to be SPIRITUALLY refreshed, not just physically.

We get to be totally immersed in the body of Christ.
We go to four different services over the three days we get to be there.
It's wonderful.
It makes you want to stay there forever, just basking in God and how wonderful He is.

One year we were there, my dear dear friend Anna Nix (then Anna Reynolds) said, "This is kind of like what heaven will be like."
I realize that it will be myriads upon myriads times better than that, but it does give some perspective on what heaven will truly be like.

The speaker at this AH-MAZING church retreat was Justin Taylor, a relative to many in our church.
He spoke on becoming more and more like Christ.
A key statement that he had for the weekend was, "You become what you behold, for good or for ill."
We need to fix our eyes on Christ and strive to be like Him. Behold His face, oh church!!

This weekend, God was made very real to me in a way I had never experienced before. :)
Thank you, Jesus, for your goodness to a sinner like me.

Ok...PICTURE TIME!!!!!! :DDD

                                           My brothers, Nathan and Erik, on our way!!

                                             My amazing friends and sisters in Christ!!
                              L to R: Sarah, Carley, Kaylee, Natalie, Kirsten, Naomi, and ME!

                                                             My brother Tyler and I

                                                           Gotta love Kaylee Bugg!! <3

                                            Alisissy and the cutest baby EVER! Lilly Joy

                                        My beautiful sister, Meddie and her friend Erin

                                                                GO, LILLY, GO!!!

                                Erik and my little daredevil, Meddie, racin' down the zipline

                            I was pretty proud to capture that moment ;) hair flying in the wind!!

I thought this was plain hilarious!!
Twins John and Alison pretty much doing the exact same thing :D
                         
                                                                The amazing Sarah!!

Love,
Katie :)

2 comments:

  1. Katie, I LOVED being with you for those three days!!! Its always hard to leave that place. I can't wait for next year:) I had soooooooo much fun with you:) I love you!!!!!!
    Love, Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the best time ever there!!! I love looking back at all the pictures, they're such good memories!!! :DD i wish next year would come sooner!!

    ReplyDelete